Day 1 - What do we do
We woke up this morning, both tired after a sleepless night. I went into Jonah's room to check on him and how he had slept. I also asked him if he wanted breakfast, which he said no. I asked him if he wanted some waffles and he nodded, so i told him i'd make him some and went downstairs.
After making the waffles i put them in the toaster to wait until he came downstairs so I could eat with him. Rick came down soon after and he just sat on the couch while I called our oldest so we could share with them everything that had happened.
It was a rough conversation, but one that had to happened and we all cried. After that I went upstairs to check on Jonah, he was still in bed. I told him that the waffles were ready and asked him to come downstairs, then I took out a clean hoodie for him and told him to put on a clean one before coming downstairs.
I came back downstairs and Rick started making coffee. I started getting my waffle ready and sat down to eat. Jonah came down and just laid down on the couch. After i finished eating I asked him if he wanted me to warm up his and he said yes so I got his breakfast ready and put it on his placemat so he would eat.
When he finished, Rick let us know that he needed to go to work. I was going to stay home and do some school work and I asked Jonah to stay down with me. He stayed and turned on the TV. He watched Star Wars I with Jar Jar [he's my favorite] then changed it to the Farmers Golf Tournament.
I spent some time doing research about best places for treatment, while also reaching out to my local connections for help in this. Around 12:30 he decided to go work on his car in the garage and about 20 minutes later he came in and went upstairs. I heard a slam in his room and went upstairs to find him on the floor in fetal position crying/sobbing again. I laid down with him, rubbing his head and back just reminding him that it was ok to cry and that I loved him. We spent about 40 minutes like this until he decided to take a shower. I told him that i would sit outside his room and I'd leave the door open.
When Rick finally got home we made some calls and finally found out that before he can go into a treatment program he needs to get into a detox program first. More phone calls to find places that have space available, with covid limitations it's hard to find space available.
We finally found a possible place and he spoke with an intake secretary to make an appointment for tomorrow at 11am. It feels like we are so close, yet there are so much still that we need to do.
My biggest concern is finding a dual treatment program once he gets out of detox so the search still continues to ensure that history does not repeat itself.
Comments
Post a Comment