Friday, February 11th

Today i was told that i may not be approved to take leave under the Family Medical Leave Act. 

Apparently as a "part time" employee i don't qualify because I need to have worked 1,500 the previous 12 months. I know I have the hours, but because the denied my request to adjust my working conditions during distance learning under the American Disability Act, despite having medical paperwork, i had to take sick days instead. And they subtract all sick days from the working hours because i didn't work. According to HR I'm short about 40 hours.

So either I abandon my job to stay home with my son or i have no guarantee there will be a job for me to return to.

I'll have to wait to see what I hear from HR next week. I asked to be allowed to work from home, but they don't allow that either. It's like they don't care about employees situations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What he was using

Day 1 - What do we do